2021 Earth Day Essay Contest Rules and Guidelines
Students in grades 9-12 who attend school or homeschool in the Mid-Ohio Valley (Wood, Washington, and surrounding counties) are eligible to participate.
April 1 Submission opens
April 30 Submissions due
May 14 Winners notified
May TBA Awards presented
All essays and submission forms must be received on or before April 30. MOVCA will confirm receipt of emailed submissions within 48 hours. MOVCA will not be held responsible for unreceived, misdirected, or lost entries; please contact us if you have not received your confirmation within 48 hours.
Essays will be judged by a chosen panel of MOVCA members. Essays will be evaluated according to demonstration of having completed all parts of the activity, thoroughness in answering all aspects of the question, and evidence of thoughtful and personalized reflection.
The winning participants will be notified on or about May 14 via the phone number and/or e-mail address that were provided.
The prize structure is as follows:
1st Place $100 Grand Central Mall Gift Card + eco-friendly “swag bag”
2nd Place $50 Grand Central Mall Gift Card + eco-friendly “swag bag”
3rd Place $25 Grand Central Mall Gift Card + eco-friendly “swag bag”
MOVCA OFFICIAL ESSAY CONTEST RULES
1. All essay entries must be received by MOVCA on or before April 30.
2. In addition to the essay, all entries must include the submission form.
4. The essay must be 400-600 words in length and typed.
5. Only one essay submission per participant
6. Essays must be the original work of the student.
7. MOVCA reserves the right to withhold awards if no submissions meet the guidelines herein provided.